Monday, October 4, 2010

Follow & Tweet

A Good Deed For A Tweet.

Update - Week 1
a week on and it's starting to look like it's settling down. between the blog, twitter, and linked, we have 11 new followers. that's 11 hours of pro-bono coaching. Posibility of needing to hire a coach for pro-bono work only = 0.

Update - Day 1.
it's been 24 hours since the original post, and we have 5 new followers. 4 new ones on the blog, and one on Twitter. None have shared the link on their profiles yet, as far as I can tell, but I still think it's a great start. Let's aim for a full week of free coaching to those in need by Sunday night.

thats 40 hours of pro-bono coaching. 35 new followers by Sunday. Can we do it? can you help spread the word?

Orinigal Post:

A Good Deed For A Tweet.

Would you take 4 minutes of your time, to do a good deed that could potentially save someone’s life, or at least drastically improve it.

Finish this article to the end, “follow” me on Blogger or Twitter & “tweet” about it. For every new follower I get, I will donate an hour of free coaching to a Support Organizations (victim support, child abuse, women’s refuge, refugees, etc…)

For the last couple of months, busy as I am, starting a business, I keep thinking that I’ve got to do something “pro bono publico” or “for the good of the public”. It is one of my personal passions, one of the core values of my company and part of my mission statement, so I am determined to make it work.

The problem is, time.

My time, when not with a client, is invested in sales calls, marketing activity, networking, and preparing training programs content. If I’m not earning much, and not generating interest in what I’m doing, I won’t have much to donate, and as such these activities have taken priority… until now.

This morning, feeling determined & creative, I decided on 2 things and I’m taking action.

1st, I contacted Vinnies “St Vincent de Paul Society Charities” offering my services, they sound a bit “red-tape-ee” but I’m pushing through.
2nd, this blog. I thought why not combine both, good will & marketing in one go, hence my request to you now.

Follow the blog or follow me on Twitter & tweet about this post to generate traffic & followers to help me promote this blog & my new business, and for everyone who does that, I will log one hour of pro bono coaching to a non-profit organisation. And just to make sure this is genuine, I am creating a public log showing all organizations who will receive the coaching, and the number of hours completed.

1- Tweet this post
and
2- follow me on Twitter (so I can keep track of tweets)

If you don't have a twitter account, post about this blog on your LinkedIn

Current number of blog followers = 3
Current number of twitter followers = 2
Current number of tweets about FreeMynd = 0

ps. If you happen to know of, or be involved in a non-profit support organization that can benefit from some life coaching or training, email me on max@freemynd.com.au so we can discuss in more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment