Thursday, October 21, 2010

P.I. [Part 2 - A personal PI]

So we talked about business PI. What about personal PI?

I see clients daily with personal conflict, “I want to do this but I want to do that, and I can’t because I blabla”, or “part of me is… but another part of me is…” and other similar problems.

You’re not sure what you want to do moving forward so you stress about the decision, and even worse, you stay stuck where you are, because no action/decision is a safer choice than wrong action/decision… right?

Actually, it is total rubbish.

“More is lost through indecision than through bad decision.” And remaining stuck in your unhappy state is not the solution. So how do you make the decision easily?

A personal PI is the solution.

Everyone should have a PI. Perceived Identity is the sum of your personal mission, purpose, values and maybe even goals.

Have you written a personal mission statement? If I asked your friends about you, would they all say the same thing when they describe you? Or would they have different perceptions of you depending on where they know you from?

Not sure if this can have an impact? Do it and find out for yourself.

Write a mission statement, a purpose statement and your values list. Then see if you are living up to your identity.

Doing this will give you a clear PI, and having a clear PI will go a long way to eliminating uncertainty in your life.

1 comment: